Call for Proposals
The 2014 Westchester Women’s Summit, the 2nd of its kind in Westchester County, will continue to break new ground in creating cross-sector collaborative efforts to address issues of inequality and social justice for women and children in Westchester County.
This year’s Summit, whose theme is “Feminist Leadership for Social Change,” will be co-sponsored by the Westchester Women’s Agenda (WWA), Sarah Lawrence College and the Eileen Fisher Community Foundation, and will focus on the motivation and training of participants in feminist leadership practices and the application of those practices to the development of creative solutions to social problems affecting women at the local and/or county level.
Specific panel topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Economic development for women: How do we overcome the barriers to economic security for women in Westchester?
- Feminism today: How do we support intergenerational cooperation to address issues that all women face?
- Working models for community-based action: What are some successful local examples of collective impact projects?
- Tools for collaboration and coalition building: how do we work together and create leverage points to bring about positive social change?
- Forging a common agenda: how do we overcome the gaps of race and inequality in the feminist movement?
- Feminism and political action: how do we practice new ways of participation in the life of the community?
Proposals from panel presenters should be no more than two pages maximum. Please include a short description of each presentation and a one-page c.v. for each presenter. Submissions are accepted by email and online form only.
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Send proposals to: Sheila Klatzky WWA Summit Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (914) 683-8221
Please see the call for proposals here: 2014 Summit Call for Proposals